Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Letter Weeks Ii and Jj

Wow! I'm a little (or months) behind! Summer was super busy, and I'll share more of our adventures in another post. But now I'd like to begin catching up on our Letter of the Week lessons. With how busy our summer was, each letter we learned took about 2 weeks. This is b/c I was not as diligent about reading books related to the lesson everyday or doing a craft or activity everyday.

So, here is our crafts and lessons for letter Ii and Jj.




 For week Ii, we read books about ice, icicles, ice cubes, ice cream, and insects. Here you can see we made an ice cream cone, icicles hanging from our I, and insect, and practiced staying in the lines when gluing ice cubes to our I. As you can imagine, all the talking and reading about ice, meant we had to have ice cream and ice pops all week long!







For week Jj, we read books about the jungle, jumping snakes in the jungle, jaguars, jellyfish, and jumping. Here are our jauguar, jellyfish, and jumping snake crafts. I was very greatful for our jungle book that gave me the idea for the jumping snake as I needed one more day's activity! One day we talked all about jumping- jumping and dancing, jumping rope, jumping with hopscotch, etc.


No comments:

Post a Comment