Monday, May 12, 2014

My Thoughtful Mother's Day Gifts

Hubby and I will be celebrating our fifth wedding anniversary this July. In October we will celebrate being together for 10 years. If you've been with someone special for a long time, it can be hard to come up with a new and thoughtful gift. For the last few years hubby has simply bought all my gifts. It's not that I haven't wanted or needed  the gifts he gets me, but they are always on my wish list and I know that's what I'm getting. It has been multiple years since I was surprised by a gift he came up with all on his own for me. This Mother's Day though I was pleasantly surprised by my gifts.



My gifts consisted of a full body sport foam roller from hubby and Babycake (which was number one on my wish list), a hand made card from Babycake, and a rose from my dad.






Now, Babycake is two, so there is no way she could have drawn that lion, painted it's mane, and come up with it's cute little phrase "Mom you're great and I'm not lion." Of course hubby helped her. He informed me that he went on Pinterest (yay!) to find something I would enjoy and he and Babycake could make for me.



He said he got all the supplies out, went in another room to check something, and came back to Babycake working away on the masterpiece shown on the inside of the card. There was no instruction needed there!


What thoughtful and heart warming gifts! I feel so special. I hope moms everywhere felt special this Mother's Day too.

No comments:

Post a Comment