Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Little Helper

Today we did some serious cleaning in the house. We have lived in our new home for just over a year and I finally emptied that dreaded last box. The one that was shoved in a corner and hidden behind a chair to be kept out of sight when I was fed up with all the unpacking and cleaning that comes with moving. This was my home school box. It had all the extra "little things" that were helpful to have, but not a necessity. So it has sat there, for a year, having been open a handful of times, waiting to finally be unloaded.

When going through this box, I found our preschool calendar. I haven't felt an urge to break this out again since this year Babycake was away in Kindergarten, and Buddyboy didn't turn three until a couple months ago. Since Buddyboy is now working on many things preschool, I figured we might as well put up the calendar.

Babycake enjoyed going through all the old school things. She even helped organize, hang, and laminate the calendar for Buddyboy. I think she was more excited about the whole thing than Buddyboy was. She hunted for our special fourth of July date marker, and placed a Happy Birthday date marker for her cousin born just yesterday.
I'm very happy one of the kiddos is excited to use the calendar, I just wish it was the one who will be learning what a calendar is. ;-)


The new kid calendar station
Babycake's calendar set up at the old house.










No comments:

Post a Comment