Sunday, February 2, 2014

Sweet and Frugal Valentine

I LOVE giving gifts, especially ones I have made or put together myself (when I know the receiver will enjoy it- it’s a waste to make something you know someone won’t like). I know my husband will enjoy this gift as his Love Language is Words so all these little notes will warm his heart. Also, he needs a new toothbrush, likes a certain type of pen for his job, enjoys the chosen candy, will get to share some fun with our daughter blowing bubbles, and find the other gifts silly.

So here’s my Valentine’s gift for this year! I won't claim brilliance in coming up with this on my own. I love Pinterest and was browsing for ideas for a gift for my husband when I came up with this. It is simply a mash up of multiple ideas from other loving individuals with more creativity and originality than I. If you like this gift you are more than welcome to take all or some of these ideas and use them! This gift is super easy and super cheap ($11 total, unless you already have some of these- then it’s even cheaper!)

Materials (all can be purchased at the $store):

Basket
Bubbles
Foam finger
Glow stick
Good & Plenty candy
Gummy worms
Hershey's Kisses
Paper
Red Hots candy (or another hot candy or food)
Sucker
Toothbrush
Writing utensil


 What the notes say:
 * I’m your #1 FAN Valentine!
* You’re just WRITE for me!
* You LIGHT UP my life!
*  I’m HOOKED on you!
* You BLOW me away!
*  I can’t SMILE without you!
* You’re one HOT Valentine!
* You make life GOOD, & PLENTY of fun!
*Your KISSES are so sweet!
* I’m a SUCKER for you!


Another idea I didn't do but is cute: Bazooka gum- I go BAZOOKA for you!




Babycake's Valentine for Daddy:

Materials:
Reese's Pieces
Swedish Fish
Paper

Notes typed on cut out hearts:
* I love my daddy to PEICES!
* Nothing FISHY about it, my daddy's the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment