Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Toddler Leggings

So, we're still in the potty training process. That means Babycake is still wearing the little leggings I made for her a while ago. In order to ensure no accidents when we're home, Babycake goes pant-less. Since it's still below freezing out I don't want her to get cold, so she wears socks/slippers and leggings for easy access to the potty while staying warm.


Since Babycake is not yet 2, she really loves these leggings because she can "dress" herself. She likes to pick out which pair she will wear that day and proceeds to tell me "no" when I attempt to help her put them on.

Babycake looks awesome in the leggings. My husband says she looks like she's ready for Flash Dance. At the moment they are slightly too wide for her skinny legs and stay on best with slippers. They are also a bit long for her right now; they start above her knees and end below the ankle. One way to fix the width and length "problems" would be to roll the leggings. I've tried, but being a toddler means constantly running, rolling, and moving in general. The rolls/folds usually come undone. I don't see the extra length and width as a problem though because she will be able to wear the leggings for a couple years.


The pattern for the leggings is super easy. That's what made them appealing to me. I think that even though there isn't any fancy pattern or add-ons, they look good and can be matched with multiple tops. I got the pattern from Corina Gray's website Stitch.


No comments:

Post a Comment