Sunday, March 23, 2014

What Can Be Done While The Toddler's Away

Yesterday we dropped Babycake off with her grandma and grandpa for a four day weekend. As we drove away I felt like I was missing something and was a bit sad. We got home, stayed up until midnight watching movies (b/c we could actually sleep in!), and left her a video message to wake to in the morning.
When I awoke today, I was filled with excitement and vigor. Today we had a major project. We re-landscaped. I have hated the landscape of our house from the day we first saw the house let alone bought it. Today we didn't have a child to watch to make sure she didn't touch anything that could hurt her, that she didn't run into the road, that she didn't eat anything she shouldn't. Today, we could get all the work done with no worry of what our child might be doing. What an amazing feeling! Here is our work in photos. It looks so good!!!!! :-)

The back of the house. Flower bulbs are already planted and just waiting to bloom.
I forgot to take a pic of what it looked like before we put in mulch and the stone boarder. Oops! Oh well.

The side of the house  was bare with a few flowers planted.
We added the stones before I started taking "before pictures."

After with mulch. Flower bulbs planted and waiting to bloom!

Front of the house before.

Hubby, "Are you really taking a picture of this?"
Me, "Yes! This is exciting and you are rocking your new chainsaw!"

There goes the first limbs!!!!!

Bye bye ugly bushes!

All clear!

Arranging the plants before planting.















Just a reminder this is what it did look like. :-P






The finished product! Isn't it beautiful?!!


We still have a lot of clean up to do, but while hubby is at work, I'll be home taking care of it b/c you know what, Babycake will still be gone, and I won't have to worry about her. :-)

1 comment:

  1. Looks great! Enjoy your time to yourselves! I know I always do :)

    ReplyDelete