Thursday, March 5, 2015

Letter of the Weeks Rr & Ss

I've finally been able to keep up with crafts for Babycake! Last week we worked on the letter Rr. She did great and knew the sound Rr made before we even practiced (proof that her ABC computer toy has been a huge help in teaching the letters- whether or not I like the idea of technology teaching my kid).

 We made a Robot, Rabbit, Road with little cars, Rainbow, Rain w rain cloud, and a rooster. Babycake did great with each one. She knew what we were making and the letter we used. The only one that she's had trouble with is the rooster. Once we make a craft, we hang it up on the wall for the rest of the week. When she would look up she would go through each of her crafts and each time she got to the rooster she would say turkey. An easy mistake for a two year old I'd say.

This week we worked on the letter Ss. We made an S w stars, Snake, squirrel, Snowman, skunk, and Seahorse. Again, Babycake knew what we were making and the letter we used as well as the sound it made. She has an Aunt Sarah, and would add "S is for Sarah!" at the end of each S sound jingle we would sing.

Babycake loves crafts, and I couldn't keep up with the demand for them this week, so I did cheat on the squirrel and skunk. Those I just printed off line and cut the S's off the animals for her to glue back on.



No comments:

Post a Comment